A little pressure........it seems anytime I receive an email from a loved one back home ..the first question is ..so how are the men. I know it's with 100% support but I feel pressure as though I need to meet someone.I am not getting asked out regularly. Therefore I am starting to feel as though I am losing my luster. The Northern Italian men are slightly different from the rest of Italian men. Northern Italians have a slight coldness to them. It's true...the people are veryyy nice but only if you want something you must go up and ask for it. People will not go out of their way for you and it's a bustling city community. A couple of the girls here whom have Italian boyfriends and husbands have fully admitted that if you travel down slightly South...the men will be all over you. The Northern Italians do not like the reputation of how they are perceived so they wont whistle,etc as much. So I do get the daily stares...which is acceptable here...and some whistles and comments..but I don't get asked out much. Although I guess I did get asked out recently by a Russian guy and most recently a Brittish guy...not Italians.
Last night I met up with a few teachers for an appertivo. I was a bit lost which is typical for me. There are so many different neighborhoods I am still figuring it all out. Anyway I was standing and looking at my map and this hot Italian man came up speaking English to me and asked if he could help me....that was nice. Then I got on the crowded tram and noticed this strikingly HOT Italian man standing next to me. I knew he kept staring at me. The next stop I sat down because there was finally an open seat and he came and sat next to me. I did not mind the staring one bit because he was that Italian hot look that you think of when you think of an Italian man. So we start talking.............he speaks limited English and we are playing the cherades game which happens a lot...fill in the blanks try and figure out the word. SO we start talking about where I am going and we look on the map and he says I am about four or five stops away. I am fully enjoying our conversation at this point. It turns out he is from Southern Italy..........Naples.......ah ha no wonder he approached me he is not from Milan!! Anyway the next thing we realize we have missed the stop. So suddenly he turns into super gentleman and is going to walk me back to the other stop. We keep talking and the next thing I know he says, Laura you are so beautiful...Then about two minutes later....ah Laura I can't explain how beautiful you are. Well ofcourse Istart laughing because I do not know what to say. So I said , "Oh I think I just have a look that you are not used to seeing here because I am American." Oh nohe goes on an on. The thing of it was though he wasn't being super aggressive he was very kind about it...........so then we get back on the tram and then he gets off at my stop and we start walking to where I am going...Then the next thing I know he says, " Laura I just. I just.I just love you!" At this point I start laughing because I don't think he realizes the context of how he is using I love you.........so I try to talk about other stuff...what do yo do, yada yada yada...........We were almost to the bar and he asks me for my number. I try to explain to him that I don't even have my own phone number memorized............I know pathetic. So he doesn't understand and he looks sad and is all oh ok you dont want me to call you. I am like no its not that I just don't know my phone number! Anyway I tried to figure out my number so I type something in his phone..that I thnk is my number but I think I may have given him the wrong number because we can't communicate . Then he walks me up to the restaurant...for some reason I am a bit embarassed that I show up to all of these coworkers with this hot Italian man...so without thinking I was like ok....thanks for all of your help have a good night and just leave him and go in the restaurant.................................................ahhh that was rude of me. I tell you I can act like such an idiot around guys...I get so shy which seems to come off so rude sometimes!! So that was Vito.......the Southern Italian man I met....so sweet..yet I don't think I will ever bump into him again....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment