Sunday, November 1, 2009

Verona/Bocelli 2

Patience...............you must learn in Italy. I remember reading on a teacher site about Italy.....you must be patient. And my teaching partner's first words to me....you must learn to be patient in Italy as you never quite know what wll happen. Tena,Heather,Ann MArie and myself had planned it all out. We called a cab to pick us up from work on Friday, the cab would take us to the Centrali station in the center of Milan..where we will have no time to spare to take the train to Verona..for our Bocelli concert that night. Well as it turned out..the transportation system decided to strike that day. Apparently this happens often............so we made it to the concert in time but definitely have some funny stories to tell as far as changing into our dresses in a random building, standing in the rain forever without a cab, being delayed on the train,thought we were going to Bocelli but ended up at a symphany with Bocelli as the guest tenor....still amazing...........but you know what ...at least we were able to make it........patience:)
Verona is a magical, mythical city filled completely with love. The entire community is based around Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. The setting of this love story takes place in Verona. I wrote on the wall for Lindsey and Derrick as they are quite in love and soon to be married. They are now signed and dated next to the home of the the most romantic lovers ever.
It is said that if you touch Juliet's bronzed breast...then you will be granted everlasting love. I gave in to all of the tourism and touched her...still a hopeless romantic.
You know if you are in love with someone.. Italy is the place to be. It is so unbelievably romantic. All throughout Italy, you will see locks that people buy and lock onto certain walls to lock their love forever. I am not in love with anyone right now. Quite honestly my heart is still hurt right now. Time heals all wounds and I think I am getting very close to the point where my wound will be healed. I was thinking about the sacrifices that Romeo and Juliet gave to each other and some of things people do for love.Wow ..unbelievable what I did for love...this last time..that's all I will say about that..love is blind. But it is fate that I am single and quite alone here in Italy. I finally get to learn how to love myself. It is not easy peasy...there have been so many hardships that I have not written.......But its true I think before I can ever truly love anyone I do have to figure out loving my self and here in Italy. In many realtionships, I have been quite noncommittal and I was always ansy...like I needed to do something first. I remember I even told Mike once...I don't know I need to do some things..I need to travel to Italy.............so what did he do? Ofcourse he did it. If you know Mike. He bought us the fanciest trip to Florence, Italy you could ever imagine. We were going to have our own private driver, private cooking classes,private wine tasting and stay in an unbelieveable b&B. And if you saw the place he got me in Hawaii then you get what he purchased for me in Italy...top of the line ..the best of the best.................and for some reason I didn't want it.........he didnt get it ..I needed to go by myself to figure me out and now I take the bus...........
I am still in great awe of the remnants of these buildings the age of them...and that they are still standing...so... much...... history in this country.Verona is know for it's amazing operas. In the summertime, there are concerts in an outdoor arena...well whats left of the arena.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog, Laura. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and describing your new experiences. They truly sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete