Friday, October 9, 2009

Oct. 10, 2009

An oh shit moment............that's what I have been having. I am realizing that I sold my beautiful house and I no longer have a car. What the bloody hell have I done? My thoughts go from positive to negative about it every couple of minutes when I think about it. On one hand I think.....I am so happy about it...freedom, adventure, who knows what the future brings............and then I start to think.....waaaa when I return for the holidays I will be homeless and without a car.............weird that's really what I have to say. I think when I come home in December and drive by my house in somebody elses car ...then maybe I will get that sadness out and then get over it.......because really I do know I made the right choice by doing this.

I just reread what I wrote and it's true about the food.....I haven't stopped eating it. Right now it's making me mad though because I have put on some weight and I do not like that one bit. I need to run more. Maybe cut back on the cheese.

Staring..........this is starting to trip me out. I am sitting on the bus and I can tell someone is looking at me..........I look over and sure enough he is staring at me. I look away...I look back a minute later he is still staring at me. This is typical and acceptable in Northern Italy. Staring. Almost everyday I get stared at on the bus..........seriously. One day maybe I'll just flash someone or doing something silly because I have never been stared at so much....

Flash flood laundry..............I never even thought about..oh Laura you will no longer have a dryer. But that's the way it is and the norm here is to not have a dryer. You hang your clothes outside the window on a line....like I saw all over Philadephia. So this morning I hung my clothes to dry..........oh and the funny thing is that the washer takes like three hours to wash. SO it's like as far as energy goes..you still use a ton with a longer wash. Anyway this morning I hung my clothes outside.............today at school there were thunderstorms. I totally forgot I had clothes hanging out on the line. Tonight I forgot as well...then I was packing for Ibiza and I was thinking oh I really want to bring my white capris hanging on the line. I go outside and they are obviously...drenched. And it's not like I can pop them in the dryer...no white capris in Ibiza.

I am going to attach a few pics. Check out the car. Not to scare you mom....but one night I went out and the car was not there. The next morning I get up early for work and there are three cars completely burned up. Right outside my apt in a busy city. I see no sign of anything...cones, tape, nothing. I never saw a police officer or any sort of being towed sign. Slowly two of the cars disappeared...but this one in the pic is still right outside my apt. Italy is so ying and yang....because they have theses crazy laws. Like you have to have a full florescent outfit in your car. You know the suits construction workers wear at night. If a police office pulls you over they can ask to see the florescent outfit and if you don't have it you get in trouble. And pedestrians abide faithfully by the no walking across the street signs. However cars are out of control here....I will have to attach a video or something at some point. I have seen men fighting, road rage, crazy stuff....

3 comments:

  1. I think I might be lost without my dryer! Our friends are off to Rome on Friday- I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl.....it hasn't officially closed so I may be speaking too soon.It's signed on both sides and is set to close the very beginning of Nov. A couple of weeks ago...Ellen has been doing all the signing....crazy.

    ReplyDelete